Download a balanced scorecard example for free in Word and write yours easily without having to start from scratch.
About the Balanced Scorecard Example
Definition of Balanced Scorecard bsc
Organization Thoughtware International and Visum Solutions, Inc. have defined a balanced scorecard as a framework for managing and implementing business strategy at all levels by linking initiatives, measures and objectives. It provides the view of overall performance of an organization. According to them, a balanced scorecard has proven to be a powerful framework for performance management. It allows thinking in a different manner to encourage a larger group to move in the same direction and to achieve a better cultural change. By using the scorecard as a strategic navigational chart or strategy map, success can be achieved in institutionalizing it and linking it to the strategy of the organization.
Scorecards are used by strategic business units all over the world in both the public and private sectors. The sample you can download here brings out the various strategic objectives.
Balanced Scorecard Approach
The division of a scorecard into various subsections is the most distinctive feature, according to Lafferty Publications. Initially, Norton and Kaplan divided the scorecard into customer, financial, innovation and learning strategies. These components were described by Organizational Thoughtware International & Visum Solutions, Inc. under the headings: customer perspective, financial, learning and growth and internal, which are detailed as follows:
This is another way to increase revenue of a business by producing the things required by customers. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance. Your products will compel people to buy from you rather than from your competitors. According to business experts, operational excellence, customer intimacy and product leadership are the three value propositions for a business.
- Operational excellence allows timely differentiation of products and services on the basis of their quality, price and fulfillment capability.
- Customer intimacy differentiates products as well as services on the basis of personal relationship with the customers.
- Product leadership differentiate them on the basis of their features, overall performance and functionality.
Every effort links with financial result at the end. You must have good performance indicators. A balanced scorecard software will make this easier. Financial performance can be improved in two ways, either through revenue growth or through productivity growth:
- Revenue growth can be achieved either by producing a wider variety of products or by increasing the worth of existing products.
- Productivity growth depends on reducing cost or reducing supporting capital of the business. A good balanced navigational scorecard can maintain balance between long-term and short-term strategies, revenue and productivity growth.
This relates to proper deployment of efforts to cope with customer perspectives and financial perspective. The customers should be allowed to touch and feel the innovative or value-added products produced by an organization. This helps them know if they get what they needed, otherwise it is just an assumption. Unless the customer is allowed to measure the comfort or difficulty level of the product it is only like a technique-less philosophy. According to business experts, four internal business processes can be used to implement a strategy in this regard. These are as follows:
- Introduction Process for New Services/Products which includes the innovations to build the business.
- Management Process for Customer Relationship used as a strategy and commitment to develop long-lasting and deeper relationship.
- Value Stream Process from Order Entry to Order Fulfillment to aids continuous customer value. It also aids the supply chain management, demand generation, material conversion, information conversion, asset utilization, demand fulfillment, and quality and cost management.
- Corporate Citizenship Process that builds and maintains relationships with outside stakeholders, including environmental entities, regulators, citizens and law-enforcers, etc.
Learning and Growth Perspective
This learning growth shapes the business processes. At this point implementation of a strategy becomes possible after controlling it critically. Some organizations that have reached this point have set aside the cause-and-effect linkage and financial objectives to achieve it, as it is important for the progress of an organization. As can also be seen in the sample, this can be divided into three important fields as follows:
- Core Competencies and Skills of the employees: In order to achieve significant return it is important to invest strategically in human capital. An aligned human resource management, development and training plan will help an organization to succeed. Hiring, developing and rewarding of workers are fundamental to the lifeline of a business.
- Technological ability: This is required to control the central capabilities of a business. Managing the repeatable and routine events comes under this heading. An ATM machine of a bank is a good example of technological ability as it manages relationships along with fulfilling customers’ personalized needs.
- Corporate Culture: A sensible and communicable culture will respond to strategic navigational chart of the business. By understanding its place in the cause-and-effect hypothesis an organization can know its contribution in corporate culture instead of connecting with distant and uncontrollable concept of customer delight and shareholder equity.
The attributes of a successful scorecard
Five fundamental requirements have been outlined for a good scorecard by Rick Anderson from a company which has extensively implemented scorecards. These include, suitable, acceptable, effective, aligned and feasible. Other attributes are summarized as under:
- It should not be financially excessive.
- The score should be embodied precisely to the strategy of the firm.
- This should be included in a learning process.
- It can be implemented successfully.
- It should be balanced.
Organization Thoughtware International, Lafferty Publications as well as Visum Solutions, Inc. are thanked for providing the information about this topic.
Download the Free Balanced Scorecard Example
Click here to download the free balanced scorecard example that you can edit to suit your company’s needs. You can use this to guide you in writing your own document or to get paid to write online for others. Balanced scorecards are good for business. Balanced scorecard examples are of great help. Contact us for more information if you so need. You can even buy books on balanced scorecard example at amazon to learn still more on the topic. Today you can even buy a balanced scorecard software which is a great management tool to consider having.
E-Commerce business is growing up rapidly and discovers many opportunities for merchants. A reliable and secure e-platform is the main key to success. GoMage is the Magento expert. This company offers the extensions such as GoMage LightCheckout: OneStepCheckout, Product designer, Feed Pro and Navigation, which help to make the online store more convenient for visitors. Also, it provides the Magento development service and is ready to support the existing online stores as well as startup companies.